Day Boat Hire
Scroll down to check availability and book your Day Hire 2021
Covid-19 update – 21st March 2020.
Social Distancing – We would just like to make you aware of the steps we are taking as a small family run business to ensure you will still enjoy your holiday with us during these difficult times.
- We will be staggering arrivals to ensure only one family is in reception at any one time.
- You do not need to enter reception at all, if you choose.
- We are deep cleaning the area between arrivals.
- We will not need to be within 2 meters of any holiday goer at any point.
- We are deep cleaning our boats after every hire.
We strongly believe the steps we’ve taken and the fact our location does not receive ‘passing trade’, (we are pre-bookings only which means virtually no un-arranged footfall to our site), should ensure your holiday or day hire with us will be stress free.
Covid-19 update – 19th March 2020.
We have employed an additional team of cleaners to thoroughly disinfect your boat before you take it on your holiday and we will also be leaving a few essentials on board such as disinfectant sprays, soap and new cloths which you are welcome to use throughout your trip.
Our boatyard is based on the very outskirts of a small town which, this ultimately means that we are essentially off the grid with extremely limited footfall landing on our site. Nevertheless, we are still taking steps to maintain a brilliantly clean and secure environment for all to enjoy.
Moving forward, we understand that the near future has an element of uncertainty attached to it, we are looking at ways to interact with our hirers with as little contact as possible which may come as a relief to those who are worried about close quarter interactions with other people, this would be more predominant within the area of customer handovers.
As Ratty said to Mole…
‘There is nothing – absolutely nothing – half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats’
Cruise and relax on a Snaygill Day Hire Narrowboat in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Carrying a maximum of 8 people on our Canal Day Boats means you can enjoy the slow pace of life with family and friends. There’s plenty to do for everyone with places to stop along the way. We cater for the novice and experienced cruiser alike; we will provide you with all the canal boat handling information and safety equipment you need as well as advice on a suitable route for you to enjoy. Our Day Hire canal boats come fully equipped with everything you need, simply sit back and enjoy messing about in a boat!
- Gift Vouchers Available
- 32′ Steel day hire Narrowboats
- Easy to steer
- Comfortable bench seating for 8 people
- Galley with gas cooker and hot & cold water system
- Radio/CD player
- Flush toilet
- Powered by quiet diesel engine with single lever control
- Supplied with comprehensive inventory of cutlery and crockery
- A clean towel and tea towel is provided, plus soap, loo roll and washing-up liquid
Day Hire Pricing
9.30 am to 4.30 pm Weekdays £135.00
9.30 am to Dusk* Weekdays £195.00
9.30 am to 4.30 pm Weekends £160.00
9.30 am to Dusk* Weekends £245.00
* Please see www.sunsettimes.co.uk for dusk times relating to your prefered hire date. Please note, you will be required to return the boat 30 minutes before the advertised times and no later than 10pm.
Our prices are fully inclusive, there are no extra charges for parking (secure on-site), pets, life jackets, tea, coffee & sugar.
Please use the form below or call 01756 795150 to book your day boat hire.
X indicates dates already booked
If you would like to book an available day boat with us, please use the form below or contact us on 01756 795150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note an outline of our terms and conditions are;
1. Notice to cancel your day hire booking must be given at least 14 days prior to the date of your boat hire to receive a full refund.
2. If your notice to cancel your day hire booking is received within 14 days we are only able to offer a full refund if we are able to re-let the boat.
3. To transfer your day hire booking to another date will incur an administration charge of £20.00.
4. Once handling instructions have been completed the hirer is responsible for the day boat’s safe and courteous navigation.
5. Snaygill Boats Ltd cannot be held liable for any loss, damage or injury caused by events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
6. Snaygill Boats Ltd cannot be held liable for any loss, damage or injury caused by hirers, or their party’s negligence and hirers may themselves be held liable.
7. The boat must be returned at the agreed time in a clean and tidy condition.
8. Boats returned later than the agreed time will be charged a minimum of £35.00 per hour or part thereof.
9. Day hire boats are not permitted to traverse any locks on the Leeds & Liverpool canal.