Day Boat Hire
Scroll down to check availability and book your Day Hire
DAY HIRE bookings can start from 5th June 2020 as long as the entire party are from the SAME HOUSEHOLD and continue to abide by the Governments social distancing guidelines whilst using the canal system.
SHORT BREAKS/WEEK BREAKS: We are still awaiting confirmation from the Government as to when we can recommence longer term holidays.
If you have a booking, or wish to book with us, for any of the 2020 season, and restrictions remain, we will be honouring every one. We are allowing you to defer your booked holiday or day hire booking (without any loss of deposit and with no ‘admin’ charges) right up to the end of our 2022 season, subject to availability. If lockdown restrictions stay in place, or are extended or, if you simply wish to move your booking for your own peace of mind, please use the link below.
You can check current availability for 2020, 2021 & 2022 here https://snaygillboats.co.uk/choose-your-holiday/
and send through your change of dates here https://snaygillboats.co.uk/booking-amendment/
We thank you for understanding is these unprecedented times.
Kind regards and keep safe from all of us at Snaygill Boats.
As Ratty said to Mole…
‘There is nothing – absolutely nothing – half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats’
Cruise and relax on a Snaygill Day Hire Narrowboat in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Carrying a maximum of 8 people on our Canal Day Boats means you can enjoy the slow pace of life with family and friends. There’s plenty to do for everyone with places to stop along the way. We cater for the novice and experienced cruiser alike; we will provide you with all the canal boat handling information and safety equipment you need as well as advice on a suitable route for you to enjoy. Our Day Hire canal boats come fully equipped with everything you need, simply sit back and enjoy messing about in a boat!
- Gift Vouchers Available
- 32′ Steel day hire Narrowboats
- Easy to steer
- Comfortable bench seating for 8 people
- Galley with gas cooker and hot & cold water system
- Radio/CD player
- Flush toilet
- Powered by quiet diesel engine with single lever control
- Supplied with comprehensive inventory of cutlery and crockery
- A clean towel and tea towel is provided, plus soap, loo roll and washing-up liquid
Day Hire Pricing
9.30 am to 4.30 pm Weekdays £155.00
9.30 am to Dusk* Weekdays £215.00
9.30 am to 4.30 pm Weekends £180.00
9.30 am to Dusk* Weekends £265.00
* Please see www.sunsettimes.co.uk for dusk times relating to your prefered hire date. Please note, you will be required to return the boat 30 minutes before the advertised times and no later than 10pm.
Our prices include full tuition, parking (secure on-site), pets, and life jackets.
Please use the form below or call 01756 795150 to book your day boat hire.
X indicates dates already booked
If you would like to book an available day boat with us, please use the form below or contact us on 01756 795150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note an outline of our updated terms and conditions are;
1. Notice to cancel your day hire booking must be given at least 14 days prior to the date of your boat hire to receive a full refund.
2. If your notice to cancel your day hire booking is received within 14 days we are only able to offer a full refund if we are able to re-let the boat.
3. To transfer your day hire booking to another date will incur an administration charge of £20.00.
4. Once handling instructions have been completed the hirer is responsible for the day boat’s safe and courteous navigation.
5. Snaygill Boats Ltd cannot be held liable for any loss, damage or injury caused by events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
6. Snaygill Boats Ltd cannot be held liable for any loss, damage or injury caused by hirers, or their party’s negligence and hirers may themselves be held liable.
7. The boat must be returned at the agreed time in a clean and tidy condition.
8. Boats returned later than the agreed time will be charged a minimum of £35.00 per half-hour or part thereof.
9. Day hire boats are not permitted to traverse any locks on the Leeds & Liverpool canal.
Whilst Government Social Distancing Measures are in place…
10. Every crew member must be from the same household.
11. No crew member is permitted to consume alcohol during the hire.
12. No DUSK bookings or extension to your hire past 16:30